A DoNet is structured around:
- An access to a common training offer (from all involved academic institutions);
- An access to common dissemination resources… by CRESYM;
- web presence (1 website/project, 1 web-page/topic);
- event organisation (peer/public workshops, EU SEW, cresROADs, advertisement, etc.);
- workspace (github, MS Teams, etc.)
- communication: branding (logo, name), newsletter & social media, dissemination to industrial partners, cresCENDO events, EU SEW, etc.
- Team work (e.g. shared literature exploration, journal papers, etc.);
- A monthly gathering, i.e. 1 joint 2-hour telco, with 1-2 items on agenda (either an invited industrial or academic speaker, or a peer-review) and whose schedule is managed by 2 PhD students (on a rotating basis, per quarter);
- Every semester, 1 joint 2-day workshop, including 1 industrial visit from partner industrial organisations, each time at a different location in western Europe; plus 1 day training (see infra) or common works. (Such workshop can be associated to other events, such as cresROADs)
- Other exchanges, in order to match the researcher needs (e.g. secondments, 6-month swap between 2 PhD-students to experience another institution).
A DoNet matches as much as possible the Horizon Europe MSCA standards & goals, i.e.
- improve opportunities for i/ networking, emulation; ii/ training, education; iii/ more efficient dissemination, impact;
- be as transverse as possible (international, transdisciplinary, cross-sector, cross-projects, with multiple partners, both academic and industrial);
- ease the recruitment by industry of highly-skilled people.
For PhD students:
- Peer-networking, team work, joint papers;
- Larger training & education opportunities;
- Multiple contacts with industry & recruitment opportunities;
For academic partners:
- Higher attractivity and hence higher selectivity when recruiting PhD students;
- Easy international & industrial partnerships;
- Logistical support for dissemination and industry visit organisation;
- References to apply for Horizon Europe MSCA (& other) calls.
For industry partners:
- Tested PhD students before recruitment;
- Shared/easier effort to patronise PhD students;
- Sponsoring a DoNet is a reference to apply for Horizon Europe MSCA (& other) calls.
For EC/DG Research
- Leverage of the HE MSCA doctoral networks with private money;
- Incentivisation of R&I efforts overall in the energy sector.